Reset Web Connector
In order for the eClientLink app to get information from QuickBooks desktop version, the QuickBooks Web Connector program must be running on the same computer where QuickBooks is located.
If after installing the Web Connector, it is not communicating with eClientLink, you can review the following trouble shooting information. It may also be necessary to reset the Web Connector installation and reinstall it.
1. The Web Connector must be running on the same machine where the QuickBooks program is normally run. It can be hidden by clicking on the 'Hide' button, but it must be running.
2. The Web Connector must be configured to Auto-Run every 1 minute. By watching the program you should be able to see that it is contacting eClientLink on a regular basis to exchange information.
3. The QuickBooks preferences for the eClientlink App must be set to 'Allow this application to log-in automatically'. This setting can be found in the QuickBooks program at Edit/Preferences/Integrated Applications/Company Preferences. From this page highlight the eClientlink app and click on 'Properties' .
4. For the automatic log-in to work, the QuickBooks full path must have been provided during the original installation or the QuickBooks program must be left open.
If the connection to eClientLink continues to fail to work, it may be necessary to reset the Web Connection program and rerun the installation procedure. If this fails, please contact eClientLink support at support@eClientLink.com .
Following are the steps to reset the Web Connector.
1. Remove the eClientLink application from the Web Connector. For this step the QuickBooks program and the Web Connector must be open. In the Web Connector program click on the 'Remove' button next to the eClientLink application.
2. In the QuickBooks program open the 'Integrated Applications' pop up window (Edit/Preferences/Integrated Applications/Company Preferences). The following pop-up window will be displayed.
Select the eClientLink Statement Writer application, and click on 'Remove' . Then click on OK. This completes the reseting of the Web Connector.
For information on reinstalling the Web Connector click here.